Endless Activities to Explore
From horseback riding to kayaking, archery to tennis, and golfing to swimming, the resort has endless activities to fill any downtime at Solar Power Texas.
Interested in venturing out to the city? Don't miss out on all the fine dining, live music, and more that Austin has to offer!
Resort | Outdoor Activities
- Biking — Rent complimentary bicycles at Shady Grove and see Lost Pines from a different view. Stick to marked sidewalks, as no bikes are allowed on the McKinney Roughs Nature Park trails or golf course paths.
- Hiking and Jogging Trails — Explore miles and miles of well-marked trails for hiking and jogging through the Lost Pines area.
- Nature Tours and Self-Guided Hikes — Enjoy a complimentary self-guided hike on 18 miles of trails that crisscross through McKinney Roughs Nature Park. Keep your eyes peeled for armadillos and deer. Additionally, embark on an evening nature walk and experience the Twilight Trails for a $20 fee with a McKinney Roughs naturalist, where you’ll call for Barred Owls and learn to identify plants along the trail.
You don't have to leave the grounds for your outdoorsy pursuits, check out the other resort activities.
Resort | Eat & Drink
- Stories - Fine steaks and seafood served in the resort’s signature steak house.
- Shellers Barrelhouse Bar - Enjoy a cold Texas microbrew and tasty pub food.
- Firewheel Cafe - American food favorites in a bright and airy café.
- Major Neighbors Grill - Casual American fare and drinks overlooking the golf course.
Explore Austin | Eat & Drink
- Always new food to find - learn about the estimated 1,000 food trucks
- Some of the city's best eats - The 38 Essential Restaurants in Austin, Winter 2018
- Breweries and brew tours - View the list of 30+
Explore Austin | Top Things to Do
- Listen to live music - Austin's celebrated live music scene includes more than 250 live music venues with just about every genre represented. Check out places like: ACL Live at the Moody Theater, The Saxon Pub, Hotel Vegas, Antone's and the White Horse.
- Take a Tour - Get a taste of the best food trucks in town with Austin Eats Food Tours, see the city from two weeks with a Rocket Electrics electric bike tour.
- Get outdoors - The Lady Bird Lake Hike & Bike Trail is just steps from the Austin Convention Center and is a great way to run catch a stunning view of Austin's skyline.
- Visit a film location - Austin was recently named by Moviemaker magazine as one of the "Best Places to Live and Work as a Moviemaker."