Exhibiting at Solar, Storage & Smart Energy Expo: Northern California is an investment, and we want you to get a big return. These resources will help make your job easier and get the most bang for your buck onsite. General information, dates, deadlines, and how to promote your participation can all be found on this page.
The exhibits will be located in the Grand Ballroom B at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square, located at 333 O’Farrell Street, San Francisco, CA 94102. Specific questions regarding the exhibit hall, freight docks, and freight doors should be directed to GES at 800-801-7648. For more information about San Diego, visit the city guide (coming soon).
With your booth, you receive 2 complimentary full conference registrations and 50 customer invitations per 100 sq. ft. of booth space purchased and 2 tickets to the networking event on Thursday, January 16. In order to redeem your passes, you need to enter a unique promo code in the registration form. You will receive your codes shortly after you sign your booth space contract. If you cannot remember your registration promo codes, please contact Wes Sutler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-738-9475.
All other staff working the event must purchase a pass at the regular rate. Prices increase after January 14, 2020.
Badges can be picked up on Thursday, January 16 at 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, or Friday, January 17 at 7:30 am – 4:00 pm in the Yosemite Foyer on the Ballroom Level.
Make sure to book your housing early, as discounted rooms in our housing block are limited. The housing deadline is Friday, December 27 at 11:59 pm PST, or when the block sells out, whichever comes first.
Move-in: Thursday, January 16, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Move-out: Friday, January 17, 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Exhibitor Service Kit
GES is the official general service contractor and exclusive provider for material handling/drayage, rigging, cleaning, and electrical. In the service kit, you can order booth furnishings and equipment; make arrangements for your shipment and material handling/drayage; learn about labor regulations and guidelines; and submit your Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EAC) notice of intent and insurance.
Exhibitor Resource Manual
The Exhibitor Resource Manual contains important, comprehensive information regarding logistics, show requirements, vendors, deadlines, and booth rules and regulations. All exhibitors are expected to read the resource manual.
A full list of deadlines will be available in Appendix A of the Exhibitor Resource Manual, but we have listed some important dates below.
- Friday, December13, 2019 – GES: Advance shipments may begin arriving at the warehouse at 8:00 am
- Friday, December 20, 2019 – GES: Discount Deadline for orders received with payment by 5:00 pm
- Monday, January 13 – GES: Last day for shipments to arrive at the warehouse without surcharges by 2:30 pm
- Thursday, January 16 – Move-in from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Thursday, January 16 – Exhibit Hall open from 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Friday, January 17 – Exhibit Hall open from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Friday, January 17 – Move-out from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 21 - Friday, January 24 – Exhibitor Warehouse Pickup Dates, Pickup Time 8:00 am – 3:00 pm. Warehouse closed for lunch from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Mandatory Show Management Forms
Below is a list of mandatory forms that every exhibitor must submit. The deadline to submit forms is Tuesday, January 7, 2020.
- Onsite Contact Information Form (required for all)
- Exhibitor Liability Insurance Form (required for all)
- Booth Diagram and Hanging Sign Form (required if over 400 sq. ft.)
- Electrical Opt-Out form (required if you do NOT want an electrical outlet)
- GES Credit Card Form (required if ordering anything from GES)
- GES Freight Service Questionnaire (required for all)
- 8 ft. high purple back-drape and 3 ft. high teal side-drape (included for linear booths)
- Paper identification sign with company name
- (2) complimentary full conference registrations per 10x10
- (1) 6-foot table and (2) chairs per 100 sq. ft. of booth space purchased
- Basic electricity (power strip)
- (2) tickets to the networking event on the evening of Thursday, January 16
- (50) customer invitations, each including a complimentary expo only registration pass per 10x10
- Exhibitor listing on the event website and mobile app
- Exclusive opportunity to sponsor a technical training in our theaters (learn more)
All reasonable precautions will be taken to protect your equipment and displays during installation, show hours, and dismantling. The Grand Ballroom will be locked overnight, however, Show Management, the General Service Contractor, and the exhibit facility management are not responsible for the safety of property from theft, damage by fire, accident, or other causes. All property of the exhibitor is understood to be under exhibitor control in transit to, from, and/or within the exhibit hall. Exhibitors are responsible for their own property and should lock or remove any equipment after-hours.
Direct to show site shipments will not be accepted at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square. All exhibit materials must be sent in advance to the GES warehouse. Direct to exhibit site shipments will not be accepted at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square by GES. Any materials shipped to the Hilton San Francisco Union Square will be handled by the hotel’s Package room and will be billed to the exhibitor to hold the freight and additional fees will be charged to move any freight. Show Management is not responsible for any freight that is sent to the hotel. Please review the Exhibitor Resource Manual for more information.
Exhibitor Floor Plan and Search Tool
Map Your Show (MYS) is the official provider for the event floor plan and exhibitor search tool. Please log in and update your company profile, as this information is already public to attendees and will be published in the printed onsite guide. You can also make payments toward your booth, view advertising opportunities, and access leads and statistics generated through the online directory.
Exhibitor Marketing Toolkit
Promote your presence at the show and generate interest in your company using banners and the event logo, posting on social media, and sending out a customer invitation letter.