New Decade, New Codes
In light of developments around COVID-19, SEIA is postponing the SEIA Codes & Standards Symposium (more details will be provided by March 20). All other events are still planned as scheduled, and we will be sure to communicate with all attendees and stakeholders in the event of any changes. SEIA’s advocacy efforts will remain fully active, and updates on ways for you to stay engaged will be made.
If you have already registered for this event, we will be reaching out to you by Monday, March 16 with more information. For questions in the meantime, you may reach out to Becky Long: email@example.com.
SEIA Codes & Standards Symposium
New date TBD!
Co-located with Solar, Storage, and Smart Energy Expo - Southern California at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
2020 marks the implementation of new and improved building and energy codes that impact solar installation. Our experts will provide insight into the transition to these newer codes, identifying key considerations for designers, engineers, marketers, and policy professionals.
Solar system design and installation is regulated by a complex and interconnected system of codes and product standards that vary by geography. The 4th annual SEIA Codes & Standards Symposium will provide actionable guidance that enables solar firms to successfully navigate the codes environment, evaluate opportunities for market growth, and gain an advantage in marketing products and services to customers.
Attendees will be briefed on key elements of brand-new codes & standards, including the 2017 National Electrical Code, the 2018 International Building, Fire and related codes, and the 2019 California Building Standards Code. You’ll also learn what’s on the horizon for the next generation of solar codes and standards, shaping the future of solar regulations. Staying informed of these developments is critical to give your company a competitive advantage in a crowded marketplace.
- $395 Premium SEIA members
- $495 Basic SEIA members & nonmembers
- $495 Premium SEIA members
- $595 Basic SEIA members & nonmembers
Not sure about your company's SEIA membership status?
Discounted ticket prices are only available at Premium levels (Watt and above) of SEIA Membership.
Who should attend:
- Solar design professionals
- Electrical engineers
- Structural engineers
- Permitting managers
- Solar product designers
- Residential energy storage product manufacturers
- Solar design software vendors
- Homebuilders interested in solar
- Marketing and business development professionals
- Policy developers involved in technical regulations and building/energy codes
What we will cover:
- National Electrical Code
- ASCE-7 Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures (ASCE/SEI 7-16)
- International Residential Code, International Building Code, International Existing Building Code
- International Fire Code, International Energy Conservation Code
- UL standards for solar and energy storage including UL 1703/61730, 2703, 1741 and 9540
- IEEE 1547-2018 and IEEE 1547.1
- … and more solar codes and standards!
Become a sponsor
Through a Clean Energy Partnership, 3Degrees will annually provide SEIA with solar renewable energy credits (SRECs) and carbon offsets in order to green the electricity use and offset the greenhouse gas emissions associated with SEIA staff travel & commuting, event attendee travel, and SEIA office and event electricity usage.
SEIA also developed sustainable event guidelines to support our event venues and vendors in moving towards more sustainable options for food & beverage, waste reduction & management, energy-efficient equipment and practices, printing and paper usage, and signage.