Microgrids are paving the way for a clean & efficient grid
Microgrids are helping to advance the U.S. energy system by being able to provide an array of grid enhancing services and behind-the-meter resiliency, flexibility, and savings with clean, renewable energy—primarily solar. With the adoption of the smart grid and smart technologies, microgrids can work to provide a distributed and uninterrupted source of resilient and economical energy. The Smart Energy Microgrid Marketplace demonstrates how the DER landscape—including solar, energy storage, fuel cells, electric vehicles (EV) and EV chargers, distributed wind, work together to create a clean, modern grid.
An on-site Virtual Microgrid Demonstration presented by the EMerge Alliance will help answer the following questions:
- What constitutes a microgrid?
- How is the evolution of distributed renewable energy resources leading to an increased use of microgrids?
- What are the various use cases and Operational Architectures of tier 1, 2 & 3 microgrids?
- What are the Operational Modes of building/campus level microgrids for various site condition scenarios?
- What is involved with Peer-to-Peer and Peer-to-Grid Transactional Management of microgrids?
10:30 am – 11:00 am
12:30 pm – 1:00 pm
2:30 pm – 3:00 pm
9:30 am - 10:00 am
10:45 am - 11:15 am