Volunteers at Solar Power Texas have the unique and exciting opportunity to play an active role in the state's premier business-to-business event for the energy industry. It takes a diverse group of volunteers to support our goals – we hope you can join us!
Who can volunteer?
Volunteer positions are open to current students or recent graduates; this includes all degree programs.
Email email@example.com with answers to the following questions:
1. Your name and school affiliation
2. Short paragraph detailing why you are interested in volunteering
3. Whether you are local or can easily commute to the event
- Network with industry professionals
- Work with like-minded, dedicated students to develop career-long relationships
- Gain leadership visibility
- Receive a complimentary Conference Registration pass, which includes access to the educational sessions; Exhibit Hall; General Session; and networking receptions and lunches
Volunteers will be scheduled to work approximately 12-14 hours split between June 24-25. Applicants who are not available for this entire time-frame will not be considered.
• Possess strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Comfortable with communicating in English
• Able to work independently and as a member of a team
• Familiar with the Solar Industry
• Capable of sitting and standing for long periods and lifting up to 20 lbs.
In appreciation of your volunteer commitment, you will receive a complimentary Conference Registration pass; however, Solar Power Texas does not reimburse volunteers for travel, lodging, or other expenses associated with volunteering at the conference. Meals are not provided, other than the meals included in the Conference Registration pass. Please keep this in mind when contemplating your volunteer commitment.
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA®) is the driving force behind solar energy and is building a strong solar industry to power America through advocacy and education. As the national trade association of the U.S. solar energy industry, which now employs more than 250,000 Americans, we represent all organizations that promote, manufacture, install and support the development of solar energy. SEIA works with its 1,000 member companies to build jobs and diversity, champion the use of cost-competitive solar in America, remove market barriers and educate the public on the benefits of solar energy.
For more information, visit www.seia.org.
The Smart Electric Power Alliance (SEPA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to working with electric power stakeholders through the most pressing issues affecting the growth and utilization of smart energy. We are a trusted platform for education, research, standards, and collaboration to help utilities, customers, and other players deploy and integrate solar, storage, demand response and other distributed energy resources. Through educational activities, working groups, peer-to-peer opportunities and advisory services, SEPA engages interested parties in facilitating necessary information exchange and knowledge transfer to offer the highest amount of value for our membership and partner organizations.
For more information, visit sepapower.org.